Botanical Name: Croton Lechleri
Origin: Peruvian Amazon
Dragon's blood, or "Sangre de Grado," is named for its bright red sap. Native to the Amazon region of South America, this tree is thought to possess some healing properties. The tree's bark and resin boast a long history of usage in traditional medicine - in fact, indigenous communities throughout Peru and Ecuador have used their sap for centuries.
- Sangre de Grado possesses a high concentration of Taspine - an alkaloid with anti-inflammatory properties - which may help to accelerate the healing process of some external wounds.
- In ancient times, Sangre de Grado was commonly used to aid in digestive health, with its plant resin specially used to treat diarrhea or dysentery.
- As a natural astringent, the bark of the Sangre de Grado tree may be applied directly to the skin to help stem the blood flow potentially.
- Internal: To use, simply add a few drops of Dragon's Blood to water up to 2 or 3 times a day (between meals). Remember to shake well before using!
- External: Apply topically by hand or cotton ball. Reapply as needed. If desired, rub directly onto the skin to form a protective coating. Remember to shake well before using!
CAUTION: Seek expert medical advice before taking it during pregnancy or nursing. Keep out of reach of children. Do not ingest directly. Avoid direct contact with eyes and mouth. Store away from heat and light.
Sustainably harvested in Peru. Luna Sundara only works with suppliers who utilize ethical, fair trade, and sustainable practices.
The above information is for informational purposes only and cannot be considered as expert medical opinion or advice, nor does it compromise our legal responsibility.
Treat your loved ones or even yourself with the gift of an experience.
We are all about your health & well-being
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.